Anritsu MS2840A Spectrum Analyzer/Signal Analyzer
The Spectrum Analyzer/Signal Analyzer MS2840A has an upper measurement frequency limit of 44.5 GHz and its carrier close-in SSB phase noise performance is overwhelmingly best-of-class for middle range models. As a result, the MS2840A supports measurements across a wide frequency band ranging from applications such as microwave wireless backhaul, requiring high phase-noise performance to measure transmitter carrier close-in spurious, to VHF/UHF private mobile radio (PMR). Connecting the High Performance Waveguide Mixer MA2806A/MA2808A to the MS2840A not only supports wide dynamic range measurements from 50 to 90 GHz but also eliminates image-response effects at wideband signal measurements, supporting millimeter-wave wideband wireless applications, such as wireless backhaul, automobile radar, WiGig, etc., as well as evaluation of millimeter-wave radar antenna sidelobe characteristics, which requires high sensitivity. Additionally, spectrum measurements up to 325 GHz are supported by connecting the External Mixer (Harmonic Mixer) MA27xxC series.
- High close-in phase noise performance: –123 dB/Hz (at 1 GHz measurement frequency, 10 kHz offset frequency)
- Full range of built-in versatile and convenient functions for evaluating wireless Tx characteristics, such as Channel Power, Occupied Bandwidth, Adjacent Channel Leakage Power, Spectrum Mask, Frequency Counter, etc.
- Frequency vs. Time, Power vs. Time, Phase vs. Time, Spectrogram, CCDF, etc., measurements up to 44.5 GHz using Signal Analyzer function (31.25 MHz analysis bandwidth)
- Vector modulation analysis and analog measurements (FM/ΦM/AM)
- Measurement of transmitter and oscillator phase noise characteristics using Phase Noise Measurement Function (Option)
- Accurate noise figure (NF) measurements up to 44.5 GHz using Noise Figure Measurement Function (Option)